Working with marketing consultant Catriona Campbell, create a new website for Iffin Farmhouse that showcases the wonderful house and it’s unique location overlooking Canterbury Cathedral. The website is to replace two existing static HTML sites, one for the B&B business and another that advertises the creative events that are run at Iffin Farmhouse.
Follow a tight brief created by Catriona Campbell, and stunning images taken by Tim Stubbins, to create a website that, initially, uses mainly static pages to present Iffin Farmhouse in the best possible light. The brief includes a couple of unusual requirements:-
- Present the information in four languages – English, French, German and Dutch, with a fifth, Japanese, to be added shortly after the site goes live.
- Integrate an events calendar that can be easily updated by the Iffin proprietor, Sarah, or by Catriona.
In addition, the site needed some less unusual features:
- Stunning images on every page
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) facilities
- Integrated Blog
Working to a tight deadline, Four Lakes agreed the approach to creating the new website with Catriona and Sarah:
- Install WordPress in Iffin’s existing web space
- Use a commercial theme as the starting point for the new design
- Install and configure a translation plugin to allow Sarah to maintain 4 (or more) languages for almost all site content
- Create a Google Calendar for events, and integrate with the Events page on the website
- Integrate the @iffinhouse twitter account
The website was created on time and to budget, and a half-day’s training was carried out at Iffin Farmhouse itself. Plans are already being made to extend the functionality of the site, including showcasing the results of the frequent creative events that are held there.